June 12, 2014
Dear Oak Hill Families,
Here is some essential information about three upcoming events:
1. Step Up Day – TOMORROW – June 13
2. Field Day – Tuesday, June 17 (Rain date June 18)
3. Eighth Grade Celebration of Success Ceremony, Friday, June 20
1) Step Up Day – Friday, June 13
Here is the schedule for tomorrow; if you have any questions, please contact our office 617 559-9200.
Early Release – adjusted schedule – 11:30 dismissal for Gr. 7 only
Period 1 8:00 to 8:30
Period 2 8:32 to 9:02
Period 3 9:04 to 9:34
Period 4 9:36 to 10:06
Period 5 10:08 to 10:38
Period 6 10:40 to 11:10
Extension 11:12 to 11:30
• 11:05-11:30 Grade 7 eat lunch in OH cafeteria (11:30am dismissal for Gr. 7 Students only)
• 11:30-11:55 Grade 6 eats lunch and then 12:00-2:30 students with 7th grade teachers for 7th Grade Step Up
• 11:40-11:55 Grade 5 welcome in auditorium; 12:00-12:40pm lunch and then Step Up activities until 2:20pm
• Grade 8 to South, including lunch: 11:15 – 1:30, with team teachers ’til 2:30 (11:15 depart from Oak Hill)
2) Field Day – Tuesday, June 17 (Rain date June 18)
Students do not follow a typical day 6 schedule; they do not attend any of their regularly scheduled classes. Field day is an all-day event, and every student participates. Students will report to their Panther Homeroom for attendance; please make sure they arrive on time. There is no morning basketball before school, to allow for set up of the fields and the gym.
What to bring:
Many of the field day events are outdoors. The weather could be warm and sunny.
Students are encouraged to apply sunblock before coming to school. There will be sunblock available with the nurse, as well. Hats and sunglasses are allowed. Students should wear sneakers to school, as well as proper attire for being outdoors and active.
There will be several water stations in the field. Students are encouraged to bring a disposable water bottle, with their name on it.
All teams are assigned a color for the day:
6-2 & Mr. Hunt’s community group: Gray
6-3 & Ms. Leary’s community group: Light blue
6-4 & Mr. Lyons’ community group: Making tie-dye shirts
6-5 & Dr. Herman-Davis’ community group: Black
7-2: Maroon & Gold (school colors)
7-3: Neon colors
8-1: Navy Blue
If you have any questions, please contact the office or email Mr. Drinan.
3) Eighth Grade Celebration of Success Ceremony, Friday, June 20
The 8th Grade Celebration of Success ceremony will begin promptly at 9:00 on Friday, June 20 in the Oak Hill gymnasium. This ceremony is an exciting opportunity to acknowledge the hard work that students have done over their three years at Oak Hill.