Try the Y!
The Y is free and open to all on Mondays throughout March. Just stop by 276 Church
Street with a valid ID, and they’ll waive the regular guest fees.
Registration for Late Spring Programs
Registration for Late Spring Programs opens March 26th for Y members and April 2nd for the community. Programs begin the week of April 23rd. Some highlights include:
- NFL Flag Football League for grades 1-7. Participants will learn new skills and try different positions while playing 6 versus 6 flag football on the Y’s turf field. Sign up as an individual or create a team with friends.
- Climbing Club for ages 7-12. Learn the fundamentals of climbing with a focus on teamwork as participants learn climbing terminology, how to back up a belay, foot technique and more.
- Swim Lessons for all ages. Summer is right around the corner. Are you and your family ready? Start young in one of our infant or toddler swim classes and build your child’s confidence in and around water.
Visit wsymca.org to register online or stop by the Y’s Welcome Center at 276 Church Street, Newton.
School Holiday Programs on March 30th
The West Suburban YMCA is offering full day and half day program options on Good Friday.
- Child Care Department – A well-rounded program that includes time for floor games, arts and crafts, snack, lunch and the option to swim. For more information or to sign up for this program, contact Director of Youth and Teen Programs, Jeremy Smith, at 617-244-6050 x3068.
- Sports Department – For kids who like to be active and moving all day, sign up for the Y’s Good Friday Sports Program. Activities include Soccer, Basketball, Baseball, Floor Hockey, Flag Football, Capture the Flag, Battleship and more. For more information or to sign up for this program, contact Assistant Sports Director, Ray Isales, at 617-244-6050 x3131
Blue Waves Swim Try Outs
The Blue Waves Swim Team at the West Suburban YMCA is a nationally ranked competitive swim team for ages 6-17. All new swimmers looking to join the Blue Waves Swim Team for the Spring/Summer Long Course Season are required to try out. Try outs will be held April 3rd – 5th and swimmers must pre-register for a try out slot ($5 for members / $10 for non-members). Try out registration is available online at wsymca.org or by calling 617-244-6050 x3086.