If you have yet to make your annual donation to the Oak Hill PTO, we ask for your support for the 2017-2018 school year. The earlier we receive your dues, the greater impact we can have on your middle-schoolers’ year. And we have a great many programs we would like to bring to Oak Hill!
To donate by credit/debit card, go to OakHillPto.org to Donate. To pay by check, drop off at the Oak Hill school office OR mail to Oak Hill PTO, 130 Wheeler St., Newton MA, 02459
The Oak Hill PTO Depends on Your Annual Contribution The PTO does not receive any funding from NPS or the City of Newton. Direct annual dues from Oak Hill families like you fund the full range of initiatives we have planned for the 2017-2018 school year. From community events to teacher support, educational enrichment programs, and student events, your donation helps improve the educational experience for all our students.
We need your Support, This Year More Than Ever Last year, one third of families made their annual contribution and we had to pull from our reserve to ensure that 100% of our community received the Oak Hill PTO programs we promised. As parents ourselves, we know how important it is to create a welcoming cohesive community at Oak Hill, support our teachers and educational staff, and provide enrichment programming for our students. The full year 2017-2018 operating budget requires $30,000.
- Creative Arts & Sciences is a city-wide program funded by PTOs bringing high-quality enrichment programs to our schools – at least one or two per grade each year. Past programs have included school-wide presentations by the Klezmer Conservatory Band which introduced Yiddish language and background culture, and MLK: Amazing Grace telling the tale of the civil rights era, as well as grade-specific programs like Mark Love’s “Engineers Teaching Algebra.” These valuable enrichment programs are only made possible by your generous donation!
- Community Events: The PTO hosts events to bring our community together like the back-to-school picnic and parent coffees. We also organize social events for our parents and guardians.
- Student Events: This covers the 8th grade tile project and graduation celebration as well as Field Day in the spring.
- Faculty Appreciation Events: The PTO provides a welcoming lunch for all the staff before the first day of school and several other times throughout the year. We host 2 wellness days for the staff. And we thank our teachers and specialists on your behalf.
- Plus Direct Support to the Classroom and the Library.
Impact Your Child’s School Year with Your Donation to the PTO
To fund the PTO, we ask for $100 per family for the school year to give your child better funded classrooms, arts & science enrichment programs and exciting and memorable events. Please make your annual dues contribution today. We hope you can make an incremental donation of $50 or $100 to help us reach our goal. (Our goal is to have 50% of our families donate, which means we need to still fund the additional 50% of students. Your incremental donation gets us one step closer.)
Our Students Count on Us, We Hope We Can Count on You! We understand that not all families are able to contribute and every amount donated is greatly appreciated. If you are able to contribute a larger amount, you can help us cover the cost for every child! Please consider a donation of $50, $100, $150 or more today!
Thank you for your support. Every dollar donated counts. Every hour volunteered helps. We recognize that PTO dues are voluntary and we value the contribution of every family. We have a great community hear at Oak Hill and look forward to a great year together.
Kirsten von Hassel, Leah Arteaga & Tamar Chamassian
Oak Hill PTO co-Presidents 2017-2018, firstname.lastname@example.org
P.S. The Oak Hill PTO is a 501(c) 3 organization and your annual dues and donations are tax-deductible. Our ID number is 202 126 638. Don’t forget to check if your company provides matching funds. It’s a great way to double your donation!